At Calvary Chapel Heartland located at Fort Valley in middle Georgia, Our passion is to know God more intimately and see revival take place in the hearts of people as they “come alive” in their relationship with Him. It is our desire to reach out to people everywhere with the love of Jesus Christ. One of the many ways we do this is by letting people know about our church and the various ministries that we offer. If we can be of any assistance to you, please let us know.
Calvary Chapel Heartland UpdateLeaders at Calvary Chapel Heartland pray for you all at this difficult time. “Seek first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you” Matthew 6:33 Pastor Steve has resumed campus service on Sunday since May 31. Now our service is back to normal hours at 10:30am. We will continue to host our service at our beautiful outdoor AmphiTheater. Please tune in to our Calvary Chapel Heartland YouTube channel every Friday to keep you informed for what is going on at Heartland. In addition, we have created a Heartland Prayer Hotline @ 478-227-4708 for you. Be safe. God bless! ———Message from our Lead Pastor Steve Sandova
We have resumed our live service outdoor at our beautiful Amphitheater at 10:30am on Sunday. We will hold our campus outdoor service every Sunday moving forward as weather permits. Please come and join us.
Right now Pastor Steve is teaching the book of Revelation.
Statement of Faith
- We believe there is one true and living God, eternally existing in three persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, equal in power and glory, that the triunic God created all, upholds all, and governs all.
- We believe in God the Father, an infinite, personal Spirit, perfect in holiness, wisdom, power and love; that He concerns Himself mercifully in the affairs of men; that He hears and answers prayer; and that He saves from sin and death all who come to Him through Jesus Christ.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit. We believe in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles and teachings; His substitutionary atoning death; bodily resurrection; ascension into heaven; perpetual intercession for His people; and His personal, visible return to earth. We believe that He is one and the same as God. He was fully human and fully God.
- We believe in the Holy Spirt, who came from the Father and Son to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and the judgement to come, and to regenerate, sanctify and empower in ministry all who believe in Christ.
- We believe that Jesus baptizes the seeking believer with the Holy Spirit and power for service, either at the time of or subsequent to regeneration, which is a separate work from the indwelling Spirit for salvation. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit and in the exercise of all Biblical gifts of the Spirit as reflected through the fruit of that same Spirit.
- We believe that all the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the Word of God, fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, and that they are the infallible rule of faith and practice.
- We believe all people are by nature separated from God and responsible for their own sin, but that salvation, redemption and forgiveness are freely offered to all by the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, by receiving Him as their personal Lord and Savior, and this faith is a faith that leads to repentance, that person is immediately born again and sealed by the Holy Spirit, all of their sins are forgiven and that person becomes a child of God, destined to spend eternity with the Lord.
- We await the pre-tribulation rapture of the church, and we believe in the literal Second Coming of Christ with His saints to rule the earth, which will be personal and visible. This motivates us to Holy living, heartfelt worship, committed service, diligent study of God’s Word, regular fellowship, participation in baptism by immersion and Holy Communion.
- We believe the Lord Jesus committed two ordinances to the Church: 1) baptism, and 2) the Lord’s Supper. We believe in baptism by immersion and communion, both of which are open to all believers in Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the laying on of hands for the sending out of pastors and missionaries, and in conjunction with the anointing of oil by the elders for the healing of the sick.
- We believe in the universal Church, in the living spiritual body, of which Christ is the head and all regenerated persons are members.
We believe the only true basis of Christian fellowship is Christ’s (agape) love, which is greater than any differences we possess, and without which we have no right to claim ourselves Christians.
We believe worship of God should be spiritual; therefore, we remain flexible and yield to the leading of the Holy Spirit to direct our worship.
We believe worship should be inspirational; therefore, we give great place to music in our worship.
We believe worship of God should be intelligent; therefore, our services are designed with great emphasis upon the teaching of the Word of God that He might instruct us how He should be worshipped. We seek to teach the Bible in such a way that its message can be applied to individual’s life, leading that person to a greater maturity in Christ. We teach both expositionally and topically.
We believe worship should be fruitful; therefore, we look for His love in our lives as the supreme manifestation that we have been truly worshipping Him.
We believe that the church government should be simplistic rather than a complex bureaucracy and we depend on the Holy Spirit to lead, rather than on fleshly promotions and productions.